Its been a couple of months since Ive started to blog and so far Ive had fun – coming up with ideas, drafting the posts editing them and finally publishing them..I am extremely happy to have found new friends here and I must say it came as a very pleasant surprise when Ronovan from Ronovanwrites first gave me the heads up regarding the fact that he had nominated me for the mentioned award. Thank you Ronovan for nominating me for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Ronovan writes from the heart and is an encourager. Do check him out :)Though this post comes a week late Ron, I would like you to know I appreciate the thought and graciously accept the nomination.Thank you once again.
Here are the things to know about the Award:
1. Thank and link the amazing person(s) who nominated you.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Oh okay now comes the difficult part and perhaps the reason why this post was so late in coming
Seven things about myself
1. Sticking with Ronovans first point about himself I am a Cancerian – Imaginative,Intuitive, tenacious, loyal and emotional…and I would like to believe that all of this helps me in my writing.
2. I have a B.A in English and an MBA. Ive always loved the English language and as a kid used to constantly be correcting grammatical errors that people made as they spoke in my mind during a conversation but as time passed have tended to make a couple myself while writing.
3. Like many Im an ambivert. Interacting with friends and family and meeting new people and getogethers gives me a lot of joy and I also enjoy my ‘me time’
4.While in school I loved reading books on myths and legends of Greece and of King Arthur and his Knights of the round table and all the wonderful and glorious tales from India’s Ramayana and the Mahabharat.I could go without TV for days if I had an Enid Blyton and would travel back in time to Victorian England with Jane Austen and Charlotte Bronte. Ive read all of Dickens specially loved his Pickwick Papers.
5.I love flowers – roses in particular..
6.I am a wife and a mother to a two and half year old baby girl who in my opinion is growing up very fast and this worries me because that would mean that I am growing old too.On the other hand, Im growing to love the wisdom that comes with age.
7.I love Middle Eastern and Italian Cuisine.I was born in the Middle East and hope that someday will be able to make it to Italy and specially Rome.
Here are my nominees for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award
1. Lulus poetry